[HOT] newbie needs advice

Katja Ulbert mail at katja-ulbert.de
Tue May 5 15:34:34 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I am a newbie coming up with a few questions, It would be great if
someone with more knowledge could take the time to answer them. They
don´t have to be answered here and now or via mailinglist, I am also on
IRC #hot as katjaulbert. I am mapping in task #1018.

1) Paths: I have come across some that are obviously connected but there
are small areas where I cant´t follow their course. Same with paths that
lead into forests, where they disappear and reappear on the other side.
Should I connect them? I don´t think it´s useful to have tiny bits of
paths in the map or paths that lead into nowhere.

2) I need advice to distinguish dried waterways from paths. Waterways
seem to be much broader and uneven and often accompanied from paths.

3) Tags: I cant´t find some tags that are advised in the task
instruction, for example bridge=supension. Are there any presets I
forgot to load?

4) Imagery: I use Bing and Mapbox, are there any more sources? Also, is
there a way to digitally zoom Mapbox imagery? Sometimes it´s easier to
spot things with Mapbox, especially paths, but it stops displaying at
some point.

Thanks for taking time!

Regards

Katja||