[HOT] #geowebchat about the Nepal activation and how to get newbies to contribute productively

Alan McConchie alan.mcconchie at gmail.com
Tue May 5 17:42:51 UTC 2015

Hi everyone, this is short notice, but we're having a #geowebchat twitter chat today (Tuesday May 5) at 12pm PDT (19:00 UTC).

We're going to be talking about some of the issues around newbies mapping that have been raised on this mailing list. Claus Rinner has a good blog post summarizing some of his thoughts on the issue: http://gis.blog.ryerson.ca/2015/05/04/notes-from-nepalquake-mapping-sessions-ryersonu-geography/ <http://gis.blog.ryerson.ca/2015/05/04/notes-from-nepalquake-mapping-sessions-ryersonu-geography/>

Everybody is welcome to join the chat, or just follow along. Just log into twitter and follow the #geowebchat hashtag.

I'll post the transcript of the chat on my blog afterward: http://mappingmashups.net

Alan