[HOT] newbie needs advice - connecting paths

Suzan Reed suzan at suzanreed.com
Wed May 6 01:51:12 UTC 2015

Walking in Nepal one can be on a path and it will suddenly disappear, and then you walk across open ground to your destination. People don't necessarily walk on a path, especially between houses, and houses in the same "village" can be a quarter mile away or more. Knowing this, I have not connected paths blindly. I know they just end sometimes. Yet it is still valuable to know where they are.

Most of the Bing imagery I'm working with was taken during the dry season, so all the rushing great streams and rivers are dry. In the wet season they will be roaring with water. Good to map them.

HTH