[HOT] Missing Maps Training Video Suggestions

Suzan Reed suzan at suzanreed.com
Thu May 7 09:24:49 UTC 2015

Althio and all.

I don't understand the shared document format, and don't find it an easy place to express these views, nor do I understand where I could add to it in a constructive way.  That's why I expressed my thoughts here, so that someone who understands the shared document format could incorporate these thoughts if they are useful.

I'm sure I"m not the only newbie who has the same exact feelings and thoughts. We all want to do a good job, we all want concise, well done training that gets us going quickly, we all want to contribute to a healthy, successful project that helps people. I hope leadership can find people and resources to make good training available.

So far, like Spring, I'm a bit confused. Are my hours of work going to do any good for the people who live in the hundreds of houses I've mapped? I hope so. Fingers crossed.

All that said, as a designer and writer expert in technical documenting, I would be happy to help with the production of a comprehensive set of training tools. Small group, hopefully? I'm also adept at working in a global environment, cross culturally. Use me if you wish.

Suzan

On May 7, 2015, at 12:44 AM, althio wrote:

Suzan,

As you are interested to help with these 1-min video: please join the
shared document, read it and update it.

> There's a shared doc here, where we're collecting ideas for the
> individual modules. Please feel free to add your thoughts and, even
> better, to encourage newbies to identify where there are most needs
> for training materials...
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Mo82sCLLnP30SsgRO1VIpGxezWcQhAQ_HxEpCEPh89o/edit?usp=sharing

Your other comments (about current training) are certainly valid but
this is not the best thread for that.

Cheers,

- althio