[HOT] [info-hotosm] Reference Project #1030 Nepal Earthquake

Kevin Bullock kbullock at digitalglobe.com
Sat May 9 14:30:33 UTC 2015

>>Does Digital Globe supply Bing images?  Just curious, they are always referred to as different products.

Yes, Microsoft licenses DigitalGlobe imagery for many parts of the world, you’ll notice the attribution in the Bing Maps platform. In various threads, I’ve seen Bing imagery “versus” DigitalGlobe imagery, and that is usually a contradiction. The proper way of characterizing it is: DigitalGlobe imagery through the Bing platform versus DigitalGlobe imagery being made available during this crisis. https://www.digitalglobe.com/partners/platform-partners/microsoft

Cheers, Kevin

This electronic communication and any attachments may contain confidential and proprietary information of DigitalGlobe, Inc. If you are not the intended recipient, or an agent or employee responsible for delivering this communication to the intended recipient, or if you have received this communication in error, please do not print, copy, retransmit, disseminate or otherwise use the information. Please indicate to the sender that you have received this communication in error, and delete the copy you received.

DigitalGlobe reserves the right to monitor any electronic communication sent or received by its employees, agents or representatives.