[HOT] Suggestion to support Newbie development via Validated work

graham graham at klunky.co.uk
Sun May 10 13:17:52 UTC 2015

Hi All,

Might I suggest a way that will allow Newbies to see examples of good
interpretation and digitalisation:

In OSM Task Manager, they could select a "Validated" tile, open it and
look at the work completed. One would hope that the validated work is of
standard, but that is a different issue.
I tested this, and found that I could "invalidate" the work via a
button. I presume that I could actually make alterations to this work as
well. Neither of these two things I did.

Perhaps, validated tiles could be accessible to Newbies to view only,
thus allowing them to review what is considered good work. However,
perhaps they should not have to ability to modify the work.
Selected tiles could be promoted as standard/quality etc. as the tiles
get validated.

Graham