[HOT] QGIS and OSM and..

Phil (The Geek) Wyatt phil at wyatt-family.com
Mon May 11 08:22:47 UTC 2015

Hi Springfield,

I am not sure of the actual number of tiles. I did this as a minimalist
example of what is possible. Given the file is now 6 hours old it's likely
there have been many edits already by other mappers. The file was simply a
QGIS filter of all those polygons with "leisure=common" as an attribute.

The instructions in the task manager were to mark up any possible helicopter
sites with such tags.

http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/1023 - also check the instructions Tab

On review some of these areas may be edited to circles, get tags  to include
"aeroway=helipad" or other tags. That's up to the task managers or maybe the
validators

http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/344152513

You could certainly edit the kml file (or turn it in to another format in
QGIS or maybe manifold) and then add another field to have clickable links
to the actual way in OSM (as in the format above). All that is possible but
just remember there may be many others using overpass turbo, task manager,
checking tags, validating and adding more areas all the time. #1023 is now
92% complete

Cheers - Phil