[HOT] HOT: Glacial & landslide dammed lakes

Sam Inglis sam.inglis at gmail.com
Tue May 12 06:07:33 UTC 2015

Dear HOT Team,

My name is Sam Inglis, and my background is in glacial lake detection,
identification and mapping, and was the first person to identify all
glacial lakes in the North Patagonian Icefield, Chile. I am familiar with
Himalayan mountain ranges, and studied large swathes of the Indo-Tibetan
catchment of the Sutlej River, which runs from near Mt Kailash, transects
Himachal Pradesh, and terminates in Pakistani territory.

I have previously not engaged much in communal, open-source, reactive
disaster mapping, but have been adding to the OSM database in Nepal
sporadically over the past two weeks, when time has permitted.

Yesterday, I saw that NASA had posted an article <http://was the first
person to identify all glacial lakes in the North Patagonian Icefield,
Chile,> on the formation of landslide-dammed lakes along Nepal's rivers,
near Gorkha, and was wondering how I can best contribute to enhancing the
understanding of the features? How can I help with such hazard detection &
analysis?

Thanks, and I look forward to hearing back from you and the team!

Keep up the great work!

Sam Inglis MSc

<http://hk.linkedin.com/in/saminglis/>
<https://www.facebook.com/sam.inglis.92>
<https://twitter.com/the_ice_man_24>[image: +852 6036 8750]
<(+852)+6036+8750>[image: sam_urai_24] <sam_urai_24>