[HOT] How to fully cover a grid square.

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Thu May 14 11:41:06 UTC 2015

Hi Pete,

I have really wanted something like has been discussed in this thread
for a while now.

Your opaque indicator of reviewed areas reminds me of an idea we had for
a JOSM plugin to help with these scanning type mapping tasks:

One of those overhead "spotlights" that follows you around and "exposes"
land by illuminating the areas you have "walked" through like in an
online mmorpg game. So you could easily see where you have already been
because that was lit up and the darker areas around you needed more
"exploring" to get revealed.

Just a nutty idea AndrewB, Zverik and I kicked around a few months
(year?) ago to make mapping a little more fun, interactive, exploratory
and thorough.

Cheers,
Blake