[HOT] [OSM-talk] Mapping high tension power lines in Nepal

Fran├žois Lacombe fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com
Fri May 15 10:26:21 UTC 2015

Hi,

The power generation model was refined in 2013 and include some distinction
between a power plant and a power generator.
It would be convenient and sustainable to take care of this for this
concern.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Power_generation_refinement

Power generator only regard any kind of device which convert energy from
one sort to another. It should be mapped with power=generator
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:power%3Dgenerator

Power plant is the whole site and can be mapped with an area or a relation
if the power plant isn't enclosed with a fence (which is often the case for
hydro power plant).
power=plant is the tag currently approved.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:power%3Dplant

The hydropower_project tag may be redundant with power=plant.
Currently, it may be useful to map power=plant sites features only.
Generators are supplementary information only used by specialized mappers.

It would be great to don't use any other custom power=* value to allow the
largest amount of mapper to work with these datas.

I'll add some in my spare time.

All the best

*Fran├žois Lacombe*

fl dot infosreseaux At gmail dot com