[HOT] Ramani Huria

Steven Bukulu steven.bukulu at hotosm.org
Fri May 15 20:36:16 UTC 2015

Hi HOT,

Am currently volunteering under on a project Branded " Dar Ramani Huria
which is  a swahili translation for "Dar Open Maps" funded by the World
Bank. Am from Uganda.

What we are doing basically in the first stage of the project is having the
community involved in mapping for flood resilience in Dar es Salaam the
capital city of Tanzania on Openstreetmap.

The project has a couple of social media accounts plus a website (
ramanihuria.org)

The project social media accounts are on:
-Facebook: Ramani Huria and OpenStreetMap Tanzania where we want to
mobilize a team of HOT mappers in Tanzania during and after the project is
done.
-Twitter: @RamaniHuria and OSM_TZ
-Instagram: ramani.huria
and a Flickr account for all our project photos.

This month of May 2015 Tanzania has faced a series of heavy rains that have
destroyed lots of personal property plus causing the displacement of about
200 people along the banks of river Msimbazi. The former residents have
seeked shelter under a bus station.

More details are on the website.