[HOT] Request for information about common set of tags for HOT (Was: OSM Nepal Reponse - Links to various infos)

cascafico cascafico at gmail.com
Wed May 20 07:27:35 UTC 2015

Suzan Reed wrote
> Of note, in the #1048 - Nepal Earthquake, 2015, Tanahu Task, many
> buildings are not being mapped because the roofs are dark brown, oval, and
> thatched in that area of Nepal. Also some buildings there are round or a
> combination of both, so photos are really useful.

I don't know if there's a general wiki for fresh mappers; if so, it should
point out the use of shadows casted by artifacts (stright dark lines) and
comparison with reference elements (ie: trees).

As far as I've seen, in northern Nepal most of buildings are out of tree
canopies and we should be able to detect their shadows. Besides, a collapsed
building often shows the rectangular shape of roof, but no shadow.

-----

--
cascafico.altervista.org
twitter.com/cascafico