[HOT] Database, OSM & HOT (Was: Request for information about common set of tags for HOT)

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Fri May 22 13:55:40 UTC 2015

Hi Springfield,

Here is how I get useful thematic layers out OSM:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Bgirardot/How_To_Convert_osm_.pbf_files_to_Esri_Shapefiles

And here is an example files generated through what I would guess is a
similar process every 30 mins:

http://nepal.piensa.co/

Actually, I see they use a slightly different process with the same
basic method, and the same software for the conversion/extraction:

https://github.com/GFDRR/osm-extract

(feedback on my thematic layers is always welcome, we want to create the
most useful layers we can. Examples can be found in the wiki entry for
Vanuatu typhoon response)

cheers,
Blake