[HOT] Fwd: Re: Problems saving in ID

Robert Banick rbanick at gmail.com
Fri May 22 17:25:32 UTC 2015

Hi Charlotte,

The intention of putting issue reporting there is to create information that’s *actionable* for the (primarily Mapbox) folks who maintain and develop iD. That way problems are automatically linked to solutions. As you can tell, I gently disagree with your assessment of github’s utility. I’m not a developer but I find it really useful for communicating to developers, who, after all, are the ones to fix things.

That being said, could you maybe explain how Github is poor for reporting issues with iD? If you can maybe explain your frustrations further we can understand how to either better explain Github to new users *or* create new processes that better match your needs as a user. I’m not opposed to the latter but I would hope to give Github a shot instead of inventing yet another process.

Cheers,

Robert

—
Sent from Mailbox