[HOT] Task 1238 Canaan Important Deletion of existing objects

Dale Kunce dale.kunce at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 19:25:08 UTC 2015

Pierre,
Because of the difficulty in keeping the Canaan area up to date, due to the
rapid urbanization. And a number of recent mapping incomplete efforts ARC
used imagery from September of this year to complete a full QA/QC of the
Canaan area, this included correcting spatial accuracy and updating
building footprints. We spent an entire month of staff time performing this
QA. The data is essential for a coordinated project we are doing with
multiple partners.

Can you confirm the date on the drone imagery? I was told that imagery
flown in 2015 was lost due to a malfunction on the OSM-FR servers. Is this
imagery available? Please be very mindful of the date flown as even a month
can show major changes in the area.

I highly suggest mapping the campeche or onaville areas for the mapathon.
Both projects have up to date high quality satellite imagery and are in
need of more love than central Canaan at the moment.

As always feel free to reach out to me directly if you have further issues
or questions?

Dale