[HOT] Announcing HOT's Executive Director

Heather Leson heatherleson at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 04:08:31 UTC 2015

HI Everyone!

We are excited to announce that *Tyler Radford* has accepted the position
of Executive Director of Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team. Since Tyler was
named Interim Executive Director 5 months ago, HOT successfully initiated a
new 13-month preparedness and response project in Indonesia, scaled up
operations in Dar es Salaam, completed the first stage of the OpenAerialMap
project, launched the disaster Activation Protocol / HOT Training Center,
and delivered a refreshed HOT Export tool.

“Tyler’s first day with HOT as our interim Executive Director was at the
HOT Community Summit. This was just days after the Nepal Earthquake. From
the moment he joined HOT, Tyler engaged with the community, tackled
projects, renewed fundraising plans and began building plans for HOT’s
future - both for the organization and community. HOT has amazing
opportunities to build and foster community mapping everywhere. I hope you
will join me in helping Tyler and HOT get to the next level,“ said Heather
Leson President of HOT’s Board of Directors.

>From Tyler:

Since joining HOT, I have been extremely proud of the scale of
accomplishments of our global volunteer community, staff, and contractors.
>From leading us through HOT’s largest disaster response activation to date,
to working side by side with communities as they develop their own maps for
the first time, to launching groundbreaking initiatives such as
OpenAerialMap -- the dedication of HOT’s people is what defines us and
enables us to deliver on our humanitarian commitment. As we move through
the coming weeks and months together, I look forward to designing better
ways to engage, support, and recognize our people, including leaders and
future leaders in our global community. I also look forward to planning new
and exciting mapping tools which reach more volunteers and produce improved
mapping outcomes. Finally, I look forward to continuing to work with our
partners and donors as we contribute to disaster response and to achieving
the Sustainable Development Goals.

HOT’s Board of Directors fully supports Tyler in his mandate mission. We
invite the community and our wider network of supporters to congratulate
Tyler. We would also like to thank all the other applicants for their
interest in HOT and for their dedication to technology for social good.

Heather on behalf of the HOT Board of Directors

Heather Leson
heatherleson at gmail.com
Twitter: HeatherLeson
Blog: textontechs.com