[HOT] The new Export Tool is LIVE!

Mhairi O'Hara mhairi.ohara at hotosm.org
Tue Oct 6 14:53:12 UTC 2015

Hello HOTties,

The newly developed Export Tool is now LIVE. Please register
<http://export.hotosm.org/en/exports/create/> with your OSM username and
explore some of the new functionality, such as the use of 'Nominatim' to
search for areas of interest and the interactive 'Tree Tag' tab to select
specific OSM features for export.

Please note that the old Export Tool can currently still be accessed here
<http://old-export.hotosm.org/>. A number of changes were made between the
two versions, with the full list available on the osm-export-tool2
dedicated GitHub wiki
<https://github.com/hotosm/osm-export-tool2/wiki/Live-Release>.

Try out the site and help us iron out any bugs we may have missed during
the Alpha and Beta phases. Similarly, please add any feature requests or
enhancements you feel could greatly improve the tool as issues
<https://github.com/hotosm/osm-export-tool2/issues> on the dedicated
osm-export-tool2 repository.

Once again we would just like to say thank you to the Hewlett Foundation
<http://www.hewlett.org/>, who's grant made it possible for the
redevelopment. Also thank you to Brian O'Hare, who worked relentlessly on
the code, Arushi Vashist who contributed to a number of development
aspects, and Drazen Odobasic who helped us set up the site on the HOT
servers.

And last but not least, as always thank you to the community for your
continued support. Particularly to those who have taken the time throughout
the tools development to test, log issues and provide invaluable feedback.
On behalf of everyone at HOT, please enjoy the new tool!

Kind regards,

Mhairi O'Hara

--
Mhairi O'Hara