[HOT] Using TMS Within QGIS

Jarmo Kivekäs jarmo.kivekas at guttula.com
Thu Oct 8 19:21:00 UTC 2015

Noah,

The syntax you are using for the .tsv seems to me like it is correct.
I've attached a .tsv file that is working as expected for me. It
contains entries for all the imagery sources from the wiki page[1].

If you are viewing areas that are outside the boundaries of the imagery
or are zoomed out far, QGIS will try to download tiles that do not
exist. This is most likely to cause of the error messages (I get the
same ones, even though the imagery works otherwise).

Try zooming/panning roughly to an area that should be covered by the
imagery before adding the layer. This works well for me.

Also, note that using the "Zoom to layer" functionality for the layers
won't work with the file I've attached, the view is zoomed to show the
entire planet.

I'm using QGIS version 2.10.1 and TileLayerPlugin version 0.60

-- Jarmo

[1]:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Nepal_imagery_hosted_by_Google_Crisis_Response