[HOT] Saturday Mapternoon - South Kivu DRC here we come!

Blake Girardot blake.girardot at hotosm.org
Sat Oct 17 13:10:28 UTC 2015

Hi all,

As you might know HOT hosts some informal get togethers via HOTs voice
and IRC servers on Saturday afternoons, and one is not officially
happening today, but that is the great thing, we don't need anything
official :)

Our friends at MSF UK, are really trying to kick out some South Kivu
mapping in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) as part the Missing
Maps project.

They have currently have a Project on the HOT Tasking Manage that is
at 76% and I thought if we all could all give a few task squares today
and tomorrow we can make a big dent in that last stretch.

This is my favorite type of mapping, roads and residential areas only :)

http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/1192

Validators needed, but lets not invalidate anything, lets just fix,
finish and thank for the weekend :)

Lets show MSF UK what we can do!

Please feel free use the HOT "Mumble" server. All you have to do is
download a simple client (windows, andriod, ios, linux) and connect
and thats it, all the info you need is here:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mumble

You can also use any IRC client if you just want to connect via text
to the OSM IRC server and join the #hot channel.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/IRC

As always, mappers of any level and people interested in any aspect of
HOT are encouraged to join and ask questions or just chat.

Advanced mappers and people interested in Activation Coordination
encourage to join as well.

Hope to see you there!

Cheers,
Blake