[HOT] Northern Zambia data import to OSM

Lauren Jacobson lauren at developmentseed.org
Thu Oct 22 21:52:49 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to follow up with some of the questions asked and give an
update on the import process.

First with regard to the import task, for this round we are going to
conduct the import in house. We have some extra resources to devote and
while this is a large import, we can simply batch process to get it
complete. We will definitely consider using the tasking manager for future
projects where splitting tasks is even more helpful.

We are validating each of the import sections in JOSM prior to uploading
the data.
I have added in a source tag for the data as "Akros Global Health" and
included this information in the changeset comment as well.

Currently, we are working on splitting up the dataset into sizeable pieces
for import and will update the listserv once we have uploaded the sample.

Best,
Lauren

--

Lauren Jacobson | Development Seed