[HOT] Cat-5 Hurricane Patricia heading to Mexican Pacific Coast

Rodolfo Wilhelmy rwilhelmy at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 06:46:43 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Greetings from Mexico

As some of you might already know, a Category-5 Hurricane has formed in the
Pacific Coast and it's heading to the western mexican coast. Official
sources estimate that it will hit the coast by tomorrow (friday) afternoon
(GMT-0500).

Let's hope this doesn't escalate.

How should the OSM community in Mexico prepare for this? As of now, we are
collecting official data sources of critical infrastructure, some of it not
present in OSM yet.

Any recommendations before this event happens?
Is there something we could prepare beforehand a possible humanitarian
activation?

Best,