[HOT] Cat-5 Hurricane Patricia heading to Mexican Pacific Coast

OpenStreetMap Mexico openstreetmapmx at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 19:53:32 UTC 2015

Hi All,

That's right, any data released by the government in Mexico is open data,
it's not CC BY, it has it's own terms of use called "Libre Uso MX
<http://datos.gob.mx/libreusomx/>" which state that the only requisite for
using the data in this case is attribution, which can easily be
accomplished by attribution in the source tag of the imported data. We've
already clarified this with the government and with the institution issuing
most of the data (INEGI).

If you want the legal framework go the following government website which
includes the presidential mandate that backs up what is said above (Spanish
only), so yes, this one is actually signed by the president of Mexico.

http://www.dof.gob.mx/nota_detalle.php?codigo=5382838&fecha=20/02/2015

If still in doubt and for your peace of mind, the actual director of the
president's office open data initiative, Rodolfo Wilhelmly is also on this
thread.

Best,
Miriam González
@mapanauta