[HOT] Request for mapping: Colombia - Venezuela border crossings / solicita HOT por crisis en frontera colombo-venezolana

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 21:31:00 UTC 2015

Greetings everyone,

HOT member and coordinator in Colombia, Humberto Yances, received a
request from a local OCHA Colombia official to map some border areas
that are currently dealing with a displaced persons crisis.

Humberto provided this overview of the situation (machine translated):

Under the state of emergency declared by the Constitutional Government
of Venezuela from August 21, in ten municipalities of Tachira, 1,482
Colombians were deported to Norte de Santander, Arauca, La Guajira and
Vichada. The figures are still rising in other border departments, and
reports of arrivals received in other municipalities and capital cities.

The most affected department remains Norte de Santander, where 15,176
people have been officially characterized as returned and are in the
process of being listed in the Register Unique Victims (RUD)
administered by the National Unit for Disaster Risk Management (UNGRD).

The two projects for this are here:

http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/1190
http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/1191

They are not large areas so I think we can get them mapped pretty
quickly if we can get some good numbers mapping.

Regards,
Blake