[HOT] Highway names and abbreviations

Pete Masters pedrito1414 at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 19 17:13:04 UTC 2015

Thanks for all the help! I'll let you know how it goes...

Cheers!

Pete
On 9/19/15 8:54 AM, Blake Girardot wrote:

> Hi Pete,
>
> I would be tempted to download the data to a .osm file, use
> find/replace in my fav text editor and then upload to the server.
>
> I am obligated to mention the OSM Mass Edit policy of course as
> everyone seems to when talking about an edit like this :)
>
> Or this solution in this person's diary sounds pretty good as well:
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/joost%20schouppe/diary/35194

these types of edits have been done in the past. they can be very
effective, but
they have also gone awry at times; one such edit in the western half of
the US
introduced a noticeable number of errors that weren't caught until a bit
later.

so it's a reasonable thing to do, but make sure that you have a quality
control
plan in place and make sure you execute it.

richard

rwelty at averillpark.net
 OpenStreetMap - PostgreSQL - Linux
 Java - Web Applications - Search