[HOT] Request to those organising a maperthon. - validation support

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 15:33:10 UTC 2016

Hi,

We do have an unused "validation" email group that was created with the
idea that people who were available and interested in doing validations
could share ideas, questions, tips, etc

And people who were running mapathons could easily notify people who
liked to do validation that they were running a mapathon and could use
some validation help during that time (not all mapathons need additional
validators)

I am happy to dust it off and make it easy to join and send
notifications too and make anyone who is interested a manager of the
email group.

It does not quite address Mike's question as to how to know someone(s)
are active and committed to validations on a particular project. But it
could help with that if people who were doing validations for a project
sent a notice to the group with an informative subject line like
"Project 1234 has validators dedicated to it"

Another option for Mike's question is for people who are making an
effort to validate a project contacted the project creator and put a
note in a box at the bottom of the instructions or description that said
something like "This project has active validators, please send a notice
to the validators list if you would like a review of your mapping for an
event or individually"

Anyway, kind of over complicated I know, but some ideas.

cheers
blake