[HOT] Tagging highways in semi-urban areas in Malawi

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 22:55:31 UTC 2016

If you look at the wiki
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Highway_Tag_Africa my understanding is
if you can drive a 4x4 down it its at least a highway=unclassified and
you'd be surprised where I can drive a 4x4.

Definitely not a track, and I'm not quite sure that I agree with your
definition of less than 2 m wide is a always a path.  Is it the wet season
or dry season when the image was taken?

Having said that provided something is there then I think the locals on the
ground will eventually retag the highways to something more meaningful.

Cheerio John