[HOT] Thank You

Tyler Radford tyler.radford at hotosm.org
Fri Apr 15 15:28:03 UTC 2016

This week is National Volunteer Week in the US and Canada (I'm extending it
to all of you, regardless of where you live). As we close out the week, I'd
like to take a moment to say thank you to each of you for being part of the
HOT global community. We are incredibly unique and fortunate to have such
dedicated volunteers. In fact, volunteers account for more than 99% of our
global team -- 20,000 of you have contributed to HOT activities since 2010.
Mapping alone accounted for an estimated 165,000 hours of volunteer time
[1] over the years!

I often hear terms like "virtual volunteers" or "digital volunteers". While
"digital" may describe the way we work, it most certainly does not describe
you -- the very real volunteers in our global community. You are real
people, making real things take place, and having real positive impact on
people's lives. No matter how you contribute -- whether it's through
mapping remotely or on the ground, participating in or leading one of our
working groups, organizing mapathons, helping new contributors, publishing
research, spreading the word about HOT, utilizing HOT-generated data, or
donating funds or equipment -- we rely on you!

Thank you for giving your time and energy to HOT.
Tyler

[1] https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/dekstop/diary/37841

*Tyler Radford*
Executive Director