[HOT] Can we extend the time a tile is locked please?

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 11:38:43 UTC 2016

When validating I'm seeing buildings double mapped.  I've seen fifty on a
tile.  They are both a pain to clean up and a waste of mapper resources.

What I think is happening is maperthon mappers going off for lunch or a
coffee break and leaving the tile locked.  The time lock expires, someone
else grabs the tile but the first mapper continues to map.  Now we have two
mappers mapping at the same time on the same tile.

I've also seen highways double mapped etc.

Ideally a six hour time lock would save a lot of this double mapping but
there are trade offs.

Could six hours be made the default but for a particular urgent project the
project manager could set a lower value?

Thanks John