[HOT] Maps.Me in Tanzania

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 13:02:26 UTC 2016

Hi Janet,

I also forwarded your email to Illya, one of the maps.me developers.

But Joost's email just reminded me that we are in the process of
creating a maps.me export for our HOT Export Tool that would allow you
to get an up to the minute set of data for maps.me anytime you want, so
you could literally map today, and be using the data you entered later
that evening in maps.me.

I ran out of time, but I also spoke a little bit to Illya about how we
might help add to the their existing data editing model to better
support humanitarian mapping.

maps.me as a company is a great supporter of humanitarian mapping and
they often contact HOT to discuss ways they can support our work in
their tools (the HOT export tool support being one very concrete
example, open sourcing their product is another) so I am sure we can
make progress to make the app even more useful in the contexts we
generally work.

Cheers,
Blake