[HOT] Pleiades images (was: Ecuador - More Projects?)

Jean-Guilhem Cailton jgc at arkemie.com
Sat Apr 23 11:40:26 UTC 2016

Hi Dale,

Are the files for these images available?

I have processes ready for Pleiades (and Spot) images, and have used
them to process Pedernales and Portoviejo images taken on 2016-04-17,
that SNI (Sistema Nacional de Información) made available.

Portoviejo Pleiades image was used in project
http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/1831

The TMS layer URL, for the images in natural color, is:
tms[23]:http://imagery.openstreetmap.fr/tms/1.0.0/ecuador_pleiades_201604/{zoom}/{x}/{y}

And for images with near infrared (NIR) as red:
tms[23]:http://imagery.openstreetmap.fr/tms/1.0.0/ecuador_pleiades_201604_nir/{zoom}/{x}/{y}

You could also upload them to ftp server on imagery.openstreetmap.fr, in
"incoming" sub-directory, as "anonymous" user.

(If you use these TMS layers for OSM mapping, please use
source="Pleiades 2016-04, CNES, AirbusDS", and ", SNI" for Pedernales
and Portoviejo)

Best wishes,

Jean-Guilhem

Le 22/04/2016 14:59, Dale Kunce a écrit :
> We did some analysis of the available AirBus imagery. Let me know if
> you would like us to get any of the imagery. We are also happy to set
> up tasks as needed as well.
>
> Looking at just the Pleiades 0.5m there are 55 post event images
> (beginning 4-17) in Ecuador covering a scattered number of relatively
> small areas. But some seem to cover populated areas. Didn’t look at
> the SPOT 1.5 stuff.
>

> Guayaquil:
>
> DS_PHR1B_201604191550536_FR1_PX_W080S03_0120_03390
>

> Manta & Portoviejo (there’s overlap in these scenes and would need to
> be mosiaced or something):
>
> DS_PHR1B_201604191550110_FR1_PX_W081S01_0401_01276
>
> DS_PHR1B_201604191550370_FR1_PX_W081S02_0523_00898
>
> DS_PHR1B_201604191550448_FR1_PX_W081S02_0622_00822
>
> DS_PHR1B_201604191550226_FR1_PX_W081S01_0704_04902
>

> Chone:
>
> DS_PHR1B_201604191549314_FR1_PX_W081S01_1208_01334
>

> La Libertad and Santa Elena:
>
> DS_PHR1A_201604181558400_FR1_PX_W081S03_0218_01880
>

> Pedernales:
>
> DS_PHR1B_201604191549114_FR1_PX_W081N00_1202_0
>

> (there’s more as well, below  is showing the footprints of the codes
> I’ve pasted above and the empty boxes of the scenes further down the list)
>

> On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 2:55 AM, Blake Girardot HOT/OSM
> <blake.girardot at hotosm.org <mailto:blake.girardot at hotosm.org>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Suzan,
>
>     We created some "model instructions" the idea being they would be a
>     good super set and people could copy/paste them and delete or change
>     what applied to their project. If you view the source on the below
>     wikipage, it is already in Tasking Manager mark up format, so easy
>     cut/paste.
>
>     They might be a good starting place and if they got translated to
>     spanish we can save that for next time too.
>
>     That was always the goal, get a good model set of text and then
>     translate it so new projects would have an option to come with model
>     instructions in all the languages when a new project was created. Just
>     delete what doesn't apply, and customize as needed.
>
>     http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Bgirardot/Tasking_Manager_Default_Roads,_Buildings,_Waterways_Instructions
>
>     Cheers
>     blake
>     ----------------------------------------------------
>     Blake Girardot
>     Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team
>     Vice President, HOT Board of Directors
>     skype: jblakegirardot
>     HOT Core Team Contact: info at hotosm.org <mailto:info at hotosm.org>
>

>     On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 8:45 AM, Suzan Reed <suzan at suzanreed.com
>     <mailto:suzan at suzanreed.com>> wrote:
>     > The image is very good and it does load slowly, but I appreciate
>     having that kind of clarity.
>     >
>     > Just invalidated a number of tasks in the new projects. It might
>     help if the instructions were written more clearly? People are
> [...]

"Je pense, avec Pascal, que le zèle est étrange « qui s'irrite contre
ceux qui accusent des fautes publiques, et non pas contre ceux qui les
commettent »." Marc Bloch
"I think, with Pascal, that it is a strange zeal « which chafes against
those who accuse public faults, and not against those who commit them »."