[HOT] Mapping in Ecuador - validation

Blake Girardot HOT/OSM blake.girardot at hotosm.org
Sun Apr 24 15:15:19 UTC 2016

Hi Mike,

Really helpful insight on what is contributing to the issues, the
imagery change, we need to look at how to minimize that through better
instructions as well as validation folks need to be aware they should
be using all the available imagery when working.

Mass validation outside of the TM as a process is not affected by
imagery, I would load up all the imagery layers while working on it.
We are always validating the data and trying to figure out what
imagery was used when it was mapped is always part of that process.

The imagery should not really affect things like common road network problems.

Really mass validation is no different than any other validation, just
doing much larger areas at once, perhaps doing it step wise (roads
first, buildings second, etc) and maybe bringing other tools
potentially to the process.

cheers
blake
Blake Girardot