[HOT] An instant PC?

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 17:13:35 UTC 2016

One of the mappers I talk to from time to time had a machine die, they were
knowledgeable enough to rebuild it using Unix but after playing with
freePBX and knowing it can be done that's where the thought came from.

Wasn't the POSM project something like this?  I seem to be seeing more
mappers from different places and I wondered if something along these lines
might be useful.

External USB connected DVD drives are fairly inexpensive, could an ISO
image be booted from a USB stick?

I haven't looked at the OSGeo live DVD yet, I have an old dell laptop lying
around so I may try it shortly.

Cheerio John