[HOT] Tanzania MSD/JSI roads import update

Rafael Avila Coya ravilacoya at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 17:22:23 UTC 2016

Hi, all:

The Tanzania roads import, from the MSD & JSI database, that started
mid-September last year, is progressing very well.

16,299 highway segments have been imported, for a total of 42,358 km
(444,422 nodes) [1].

Up to now, 10 projects have been finished, and 5 more are available
(I've just created the last TM project, for Mara region, that includes
part of beautiful Serengeti). You can find the available projects here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Tanzania/Tanzania_MSD_%26_JSI_road_import_workflow#Getting_OSM_data_and_MSD.26JSI_road_segments

My big thanks to all volunteers who are contributing to make this big
import possible, and to Fernando Cruz Matute and Jacob Sprang, who have
been preparing the data for the last 10 projects!

Cheers,

Rafael.

[1] https://www.flickr.com/photos/ravilacoya/29048278645