[HOT] MSF UK looking for help with app development...

Pete Masters pedrito1414 at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 3 11:56:53 UTC 2016

Hi all, I think this is approprate for this list. Please let me know if
not...

As part of Missing Maps, MSF UK is developing a new micro-mapping app for
smartphones. This is a step on from the Pybossa tasks that Disastermappers
at Heidelberg Uni developed for helping us search large areas remotely to
find roads, settlements, etc [1
<https://disastermappers.wordpress.com/2015/09/23/how-to-create-your-own-missing-maps-like-pybossa-task/>
].

The dev team are looking for some help from:

"android or ios devs, ideally with a bit of tilemill or geo apps
experience, or gaming experience (even better)"

This is primarily a volunteer opportunity, but may there be short term paid
opportunities that come out of it.

If you are interested, or know anyone that is, please get in touch at
missing.maps at london.msf.org

The app will allow users to classify imagery tiles and help HOT Tasking
Manager project creators to discard areas with no features and make tasks
that are a more efficient use of mappers' time.

Cheers,

Pete

--
*Pete Masters*