[HOT] Smartphones using wifi in the field If you ain't in the field or techie ignore this post.

Franz-Josef Behr franz-josef.behr at hft-stuttgart.de
Mon Feb 8 15:35:23 UTC 2016

An alternative could be using text messages in additional.

At our University a student is just finishing his Master thesis. He
developed a framework for the collection of point based data based on
Internet AND cellular network (based on ideas provided by Harry
Ferdiansyah from Indonesia). In the latter case SMS text messages are
used for the transfer of information. The information chunks which can
be submitted are based on a configurable thesaurus to assure consistency
and further automatic processing.

The data transfered using Internet or cellular network are stored in a
server-based MYSQL dbms.

Regards Franz-Josef