[HOT] ID Editor, Safari and Bing

Bryan Housel bryan at 7thposition.com
Fri Feb 26 02:02:19 UTC 2016

It’s probably https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/issues/2913 <https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/issues/2913>
All released versions of Safari 9.0.x have an SVG bug affecting iD.
Sometimes imagery doesn’t load, sometimes Safari crashes.

Fortunately the bug is fixed upstream in Webkit, but we’re just waiting for Apple to include the fix in a Safari release.
If switching to Chrome isn’t an option, one thing that seems to help is enabling the minimap in iD with the ‘/‘ key.