[HOT] Tasking Manager - Comments

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 19:43:31 UTC 2016

Hi Mike,

No, only automatically for "invalidated" but when you validate, you can
type an '@' and then the user's name and they will get a message in the
tasking manager with the comment.

For user names with spaces, you have put the full username in [ ]'s if
the auto complete does not locate it after typing the part before the space.

@[blake girardot] but just @bgirardot and as I said, there is auto
complete so about half the time a two word name shows up and you can
just select it from the pop down list.

You can also @ more than one person if more than one person contributed
to the task square. @name1 @name2 etc.

Also, note, that in JOSM, there is an "authors" panel you can display
because often a square will be all or partially mapped by someone other
than the person who marked it done, especially with new mappers.

I usually search in josm for building=* and look in the authors panel to
see who mapped the buildings (or whatever feature I am sending feedback
about) just to make sure I am @'ing the right person(s).

Cheers,
Blake