[HOT] landuse/cover import in Cameroon?

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 14:38:53 UTC 2016

Hi,

Yesterday, I stumbled into large changesets (>50K additions)[0] over Cameroon.
Inspecting further this looks like landuse/cover data taken from
satellite imagery and then converted to vector [1].

Further, this seems like a group mapping [2].  9 people with changeset
comment ENEO in Cameroon.

Looking into the osm wiki, I didn't see any document about this.  I've
not inspected any further if data is good or not.  Its just that the
changeset is too big.
I'm posting here since I know we have HOT initiatives in the region
(might be related, might be not).  I'm just curious.

[0] https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/36566406
[1] https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/391344251
[2] http://resultmaps.neis-one.org/osm-changesets?comment=ENEO#8/4.962/11.714

--