[HOT] Lake Malawi missing in standard layer

Michael Heißmeier michael63 at digital-filestore.de
Mon Jan 18 17:31:52 UTC 2016

JHi,

Martin Noblecourt schrieb 2016-01-18 18:10:
> Dear all,
>
> I've been notified by a colleague that Lake Malawi
> <http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/2631184> is not visible on various in
> the standard OSM layer at most levels, e.g.
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=11/-12.0433/34.4572 and
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=12/-12.1122/34.4418
> (and also on some others, but not in the HOT one...)
> We've tried to identify the cause of the bug in vain, can an expert OSM user
> help us? We are using webmapping tools around the area so it will become quite
> annoying.

this seems to be a caching problem, possibly after some erroneous edit and
subsequent fix. If I manually submit such a tile for re-rendering and refresh my
browser then the lake is back. Just have another look at your map=11 link. But
areas to the south and north of this location are still missing. It might take a
while until all tiles at all zoom levels are rendered again.

/Michael
(osm:michael63) /