[HOT] Digitizing complicated buildings in JOSM - Short Tutorial from Mapbox

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 23:46:10 UTC 2016

Hi all,

For the JOSM users:

https://www.mapbox.com/blog/fast-building-tracing/

I tend to use the X tool, but both ways illustrated are great.

The only part of the text that does not make sense to me is where it
says in the "area intersections" method: "then select 2 nodes of that box"

My understanding and usage of the building tool is that if you select a
building as a way, you know, just click on the building to select it,
then switch to the building tool 'B', every building you draw will be
parallel to that selected building. That is what it looks like he does
in the animated gif demonstration.

If someone knows what the 'select 2 nodes' applies to and how it is
different than just selecting the whole building, I'd love to hear it.

Thank you for the tutorial Andrey.

Happy building mapping!

Cheers,
Blake