[HOT] #1449 - South Africa CD:NGI Aerial

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 19:19:40 UTC 2016

Hi Mike,

Ya, it is just the convergence of a couple of things.

That SA imagery description overlaps with Swaziland, and there might be
some black or blank spaces in that imagery along its edges so you will
have to manually switch to bing. Mostly along the south border.

And there have been mapping projects on each side of 1449 so the west
and east edges (as well as south edge) might have some or all of the
buildings mapped.

It is still really helpful to have them looked at, double checked and
then just marked done.

But I know both of those things can be a bit confusing for new mappers,
sorry about. But they are really OSM mappers now if they are seeing the
'collaborative' part :)

I will also add a note to the instructions about the imagery too, I do
not have a way (that I know of) to automatically make the two main
editors (josm and id) use bing when iD wants to use some other imagery.

Cheers,
Blake