[HOT] HOT Board Minutes - December 2015 and January 2016

Rod Bera rod at goarem.org
Tue Jan 26 20:06:08 UTC 2016

Hi Jorieke,

this is not personal, as this practice dates back from days you weren't
in office yet, not even a member.

But I have to say once again I have a serious problem with this kind of
item:

"

3. [Not for Public Release]

PRESENTING: ​Dale

ACTION: Vote

NOTES:

We discussed and voted on the matter. The item was approved.This item
was to be shared with the Membership Chair.

"

An example of the secrecy I believe is detrimental to HOT in terms of
trust, transparency, accountability, democracy. This isn't new in HOT
matters but is to new members.

Note: I agree there could be some stuff not for public release, but this
should not hold for members. If this was subsequently brought to
members' knowledge could we add a reference to the actual documents (and
access this document)? Or are the members denied information on this
"item 3"?

Regards,

Rod