[HOT] Sierra Leone Field trip with Missing Maps

Nick Allen nick.allen.54 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 23:16:23 UTC 2016

Hi,

I recently went on a field trip, as part of a Missing Maps / American
Red Cross / MSF project in Sierra Leone. I've written a short diary
entry [1], and was recently filmed whilst giving a short talk in London
about the trip [2].

Keep up the good work, it is appreciated! I was only a small cog in a
great big machine, which I'm proud to say that all on this mailing list
are part of. We introduced many people and organisations to
OpenStreetMap and HOT - many were surprised at the quality of the
mapping that was available. I'm sure we will see more use of the
information, and if our brief training sessions & talks 'hit the mark'
then perhaps a few more people will be involved in the projects in the
future.

Off shopping shortly - my luggage was lost by the airline.

In the meantime, lots of geotagged photographs and gps traces to
process, together with lots of water supply information.

Once again, on behalf of the many people I (We) spoke to, thank you, and
keep up the good work.

Regards

Nick
(Tallguy)