[HOT] Using HOT validation styles in JOSM

Nick Allen nick.allen.54 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 07:04:50 UTC 2016

Hi Laura & John,

HDM is another very good style, but if you wish to look at the HOT
Validate style (I frequently switch between 3 or 4 different styles
depending on what I am currently doing), the process is quite simple for
the initial setup, and even easier to switch once you have installed it.

Go to JOSM preferences (you may need to be in Expert mode),
3rd icon down for Map projection & data interpretation,
Tab for Map Paint styles,
Click on the + symbol far right, and in the two boxes that appear enter
     HOT-Validate
https://github.com/DisasterNetDOTOrg/HOT-Osm-Validation/archive/master.zip

Make sure there is a tick in the box for 'active'

You may have to restart JOSM - not sure on that one.

There is more info at https://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/Styles
& https://github.com/MarkCupitt/HOT-Osm-Validation

Once you have installed a paint style, & loaded some OSM data, you can
switch between the paint styles by clicking on 'view' and 'map paint
styles'.

Hope this helps

Regards

Nick