[HOT] Optimum tile width, something to research perhaps?

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 17:17:15 UTC 2016

When I'm mapping in JOSM I can use <crtl><down arrow> to scroll down the
tile.  On some projects on a 1080 pixel wide screen (Blu-ray width) I can
scroll down a tile in two passes, in others the distances in the top left
display a slightly lower number and it takes three passes to go down the
tile except that the third pass down the centre of the tile has
considerable overlap with the other two passes.

So what is the optimum tile width?  Assuming you can get it correct then as
a project manager you should see more tiles completed if people spend the
same amount of time mapping as they will be doing fewer passes over areas
they already have scanned.

It will depend on the zoom level of course.

Cheerio John