[HOT] Invitation: GeOnG 2016 - October 17-19, Chambéry, France

Martin Noblecourt m_noblecourt at cartong.org
Tue Jul 26 17:52:00 UTC 2016

Dear HOT community members,

I hope this message finds you well. As you might have already heard,
CartONG, the French NGO dedicated to the use of mapping and information
management for humanitarian purposes, is hosting for the fifth time the
GeOnG, Europe’s biggest independent conference on Geographic Information
services to the Humanitarian and Development sector. This year’s edition
is going to take place in the French city of *Chambéry* (1h from
Geneva), on *October 17^th to 19^th *.

Having its first edition in 2008, we have succeeded to gather every 2
years professionals and experts in the field to discuss the use of
technology in relief and development interventions. In 2014 we managed
to reunite *70 organizations and more than 140 people*. GeOnG includes a
series of activities, ranging from plenary sessions, roundtable
discussions, workshops and solution’s exhibits.

This year’s grand topic is *“lessons from the past, shaping the
future”*.**We aim to tackle the role of new technologies (GIS, GPS,
mobiles solutions, remote sensing, drones…)in today’s and tomorrow’s
humanitarian interventions; our definite agenda is still under work.

Humanitarian OpenStreetMap is of course one of the biggest changes that
have irrupted over the past few years and we'll be delighted to host our
friend from the OSM community during the event. We're welcoming
propositions of presentations (please send them before end of August) as
well as suggestions of topics you'd like to see covered or technical
tools you'd like the see presented.

Among the other topics we plan to discuss this year: who to provide the
future assessments of the humanitarian sector? what integration of
analysis tools in MDC solutions? a feedback on the drones in
humanitarian; technical local communities, a new partner for
humanitarian organizations? Coordinated Data Scramble: optimizing
available data. And a few tools we plan to have demonstration on
advanced OSM exports, coding XLSforms, using API data in DC.js
dashboards, and many more!

Furthermore, CartONG is celebrating this year its *10^th anniversary*,
which give us an opportunity to celebrate with our partners and
attendees, in particular with a *Missing Maps mapathons*.

For a more in-depth insight, check our website http://cartong.org/geong/2016

You can already register on http://www.cartong.org/geong/2016/inscriptions

We look forward to see you in October!

Best Regards,

--
CartONG

Martin Noblecourt

Email: m_noblecourt at cartong.org <mailto:m_noblecourt at cartong.org>
Phone: +33 (0)4 79 26 28 82
Mobile: +33 (0)6 04 09 74 19
Skype: martin.noblecourt

Lon: 05°55'24'' | Lat: 45°30'20''

cart*ong*
Humanitarian mapping and information management

Website: cartong.org <http://cartong.org/>
Twitter: @assocCartONG <https://twitter.com/assocCartONG>
Address: 180 rue du Genevois, Chambéry, France

GeOnG 2016 - The Humanitarian Forum for Geographic Information -
17th-18th-19th of October - Chambéry, France
<http://cartong.org/geong/2016>