[HOT] MapLesotho Phase 2

Katja Ulbert katja.ulbert at hotosm.org
Wed Jun 1 09:57:42 UTC 2016

Lots of congrats from my side for achieving the basemap, and especially
for the building of a community, smaller number of trained OSMers
periodically joined by a larger group of mappers for special projects
seems to be the way to go. Keep up the good work!

Katja

On 01/06/16 04:48, CiarĂ¡n Staunton wrote:

> I wanted to just let everyone here know that #MapLesotho has now got a
> complete basemap. As Martin Dittus has shown it all started with a the
> enormous tasks in July 2014. Sorry that those dragged :), but then
> anything covering a whole country will. To everyone out there who
> helped let me say thanks.
>
> Now the #MapLesotho story moves on. The flocking and sustaining
> effects of mappers here on hotosm creates a sense of purpose. Lesotho
> now has an indigenous  mapping community of 10 regular mappers and 70
> others who participate when they can. They are big enough now to
> sustain 11 tasks and are mapping all June in a relay fashion starting
> today in Quthing and going around eleven venues in Lesotho clockwise
> until the 30th.
>
> Lesotho is a disaster preparedness mapping project. It doesn't need
> your urgent attention. All the same stop on by the tasks - 1941 today
> - to take a tile or validate. Or simply shout your warm #MapLesotho
> wishes on twitter as they like to see the support. There will be a
> blog post each day on the wordpress from whoever is holding the mapathons.

Katja Ulbert
Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team
Board of Directors
katja.ulbert at hotosm.org | skype: katja.ulbert | whatsapp +49 175 5660 818