[HOT] Introductions

Stefan Eikenbusch seike at posteo.de
Sat Jun 11 10:41:07 UTC 2016

I’m not really a new „new" member here but I think I never introduced myself to the Group, so here we go ;)

Actually I’m a political scientist, working mostly on land rights issues and during an Internship in India, I came across using GIS for mapping forest land in order to apply for forest land right titles (the project was organized by Oxfam India together with the local NGO I was working for by that time). This combination of technology/data collection and human rights issues really fascinated me and 4 Months ago signed up for OSM after I discovered the Missing Maps Projects and shortly afterwards also HOT.

Since then I’m conducting research on the usage of Open Data for Economic Development/Community Development as well as Humanitarian Aid and DRR and try to bring this knowledge to local NGOs in my area who’re working in this field.

Feel free to contact me if you want to discuss further on this :)

Best wishes,

Stefan (seike_)