[HOT] [OSM-talk] [Talk-us] Reporting Attribution Issues on Mapbox maps

Mikel Maron mikel.maron at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 02:24:05 UTC 2016

 blockquote, div.yahoo_quoted { margin-left: 0 !important; border-left:1px #715FFA solid !important;  padding-left:1ex !important; background-color:white !important; }
> Webpages not hosted by Mapbox that are > using Mapbox tiles with
> OSM-derived data would be responsible for > their own attribution, so
> you'd need to contact them like with any other site.
Actually, our support team will work to resolve attribution issues with maps using Mapbox tiles anywhere. Expect that this will resolve issues more expediently, since we likely have contact directly to responsible people for the site.
I believe Serge was wondering about attribution issues with sites using tiles or data not from Mapbox. That would include tiles from OSM.org. I don't have a solution, but would like to figure it out. I do believe that the more coordinated and respectful we make the process, the more likely issues will be resolved, and stronger relationships will develop with users of OSM data.

Mikel

On Tuesday, June 14, 2016, 4:49 PM, Paul Norman <penorman at mac.com> wrote:

On 6/10/2016 3:03 PM, Serge Wroclawski wrote:
> But I'm a little concerned about non-MB hosted maps. If not this URL,
> where can we report  attribution issues related to non-hosted Mapbox
> maps and  can you link to that other place we can report attribution
> issues related to that other kind of customer from the same web page?

Webpages not hosted by Mapbox that are using Mapbox tiles with
OSM-derived data would be responsible for their own attribution, so
you'd need to contact them like with any other site. If someone isn't
comfortable doing this or not having success, they can forward the
information to legal at osmfoundation.org and the LWG can look into the issue.

Also, if someone wants to contact Mapbox about an issue on mapbox.com
and doesn't want to use the webform, they could use one of the contact
methods for their designated agent for notifications of claimed
infringement at http://www.copyright.gov/onlinesp/agents/m/map-box.pdf.