[HOT] Comment to HOT project managers about getting your project completed

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 21:25:21 UTC 2016

I try very hard not to invalidate, but if the mapper pressed Done, where he
or she should have pressed Unlock, I don't hesitate to do so. I do try to
write encouraging remarks. I also try to show them how JOSM is a lot better
adapted to getting actual work done. Usually be means of screencasts of
what was involved in gettting their task validated.

It created a very positive feedback loop. At the moment I'm validating the
Ugandan schools project though and there I'm happy to be the only one
validating. I created a 'tool' to assist me with the chore, but it's all
rather specific. Hard to get started on that project, as you have to create
a separate account and whatnot.

At some point, I'll probably get back to validating of the easy add
building projects and cherry picking those tasks that were done by newly
arriving mappers to guide them with their first steps into OSM mapping.

Polyglot